Question
Posted by: Yvette | 2007/02/19

Yeast infection

Hi doc,

I went to a doc, who prescriped me a 3 month dosage of sporanox tablets, which had to be taken just before my period,for my candida infection..The first dosage i took, i took a double dosage, which was actually supposed to have been for me and my boyfriend, but i didnt know that, so i took a whole double dosage. Than on last 3 month dosage, i took the generic of sporanox, and after that it really didnt work.Dont think the gerneric worked at all. Now i keep getting this candida infection. Could the problem be because of me taking a double dosage the first time, and than taking a generic on the last month? The doc said my boyfriend should also have taken the dosage for 3 months?but he only took it for 2 months.

Thanks for you help!!

Dear Yvette
Normally the generic works quite well. It may be due to the fact that your boyfriend is infecting you and vice versa. Sometimes it helps to change the contraceptive pill you are using . Also try using Betadine douche twice a day for a week and take Inteflora or other probiotica 1 3 times a day.