Question
Posted by: sink | 2004/10/19

yasmine pil

i just want to know if yasmine pill makes you fat, and if it couses weight gain, i have been on yasmine for 4 months now, and i am 3 weeks late with my period. please advise

You may be pregnant. It is marketed as a non water retaining pill

Posted by: sink | 2004/10/20

dear snowy

My gynae also told me i have follicules in my ovaries , this was like a year ago, what is this exactly? what causes it? will i struggle to get preggies?
please advise

Reply to sink
Posted by: Lily | 2004/10/20

I picked up 15kg on Yasmin even though I continued my healthy lifestyle (eating right & going to gym). I was on Nordette before and experienced headaches etc. I had virtually no symptoms on Yasmin besides the weight gain.

With regard to your period being late while on Yasmin, I suggest you take a preggie test. It is not normal to have prolonged periods on the pill. If the preggie test is negative, I suggest you see your doctor.

Reply to Lily
Posted by: kel | 2004/10/19

I was on Femodene for about 6 months and went off it as it caused me to gain weight and made me very grumpy, moody and depressive. Last year I tried Yasmin and ended up loosing about 5kg, but it made me very emotionally unstable. I used to cry for absolutely no reason and it ended up causing problems in my relationship so i went off it. I never had an irregular period though.

Reply to kel
Posted by: Jaxx | 2004/10/19

I changed to Yasmine in January this year. I was on Femodene for two years and found that to be most undesirable. My body has been the same weight and size for about 5 years now and in February I noticed that I coluldn't fit into half my wardrobe, virtually over night. I spoke to a few people who also changed and it seems to be the trend.

Compared to the Femodene, I would prefer to stay on Yasmine and fight the weight gain (Which I succesfully have). I never suffered from Irregular period

Reply to Jaxx
Posted by: SNOWY | 2004/10/19

i was on yasmin for 8 months my period was irregular and I stopped 4 months ago, still irregular in fact I am 7 weeks late, my gynae tells my I have follicules in my ovaries but should not worry. No I did not pick up any weight. Do visit you gynae.

Reply to SNOWY