Question
Posted by: YASMINE | 2004/11/15

YASMINE

I had a miscarriage 2 years ago and desperately tried to fall pregnant again..i have a lovely 7 year old daughter from a previous relationship and are now married to a wonderful man who excepts my daugher (she calls him dad)....a year after my miscariage i went to the docter and all was fine with me (no problem) but two years is such a long time to waight...my daughter pray's every night for a brother or sister..i dont want to go to the gynea.....is there any one out there who fell pregnant after 2 years...my husband dont want to test his sperm and i just take it that if he had made me pregnant once he should make me pregnant again....

Conception is actually quite a complex matter, Yasmine. At any time, some people fall pregnant alarmingly easily, others with difficulty and with considerable delays --- and 2 years isn't so unusual, especially after a miscarriage. And the stress of worrying greatly about it can reduce one's fertility. Some men are of rather low fertility, so the fact that they managed to fertilize you once, doesn't mean that it'll very easily happen again.
And seeing the gynae is a good idea, as the more relevant information you have, the more you can understand the situation and plan how to deal with it best, as Lucia says. Maybe not so much a lotto as like the slot machines --- there are many diferent wheels spinning, and each has to come down at the right symbol to win the prize ; even of all the others are in a line, if one is missing, no jackpot this time.

2
Posted by: Inc | 2004/11/15

Maybe you should go to the doc for a checkup?
Keep praying... if you believe in God, then you know that you will have another baby if it is God's plan for you.... keep the faith.

Reply to Inc
Posted by: Lucia | 2004/11/15

Hi Yasmine

I only fell pregnant 3 years after my miscarriage (12weeks). There was no reasonable explanation for it - my gynea did just about every test possible and concluded in the end that it will happen when it should happen. It is important that you do not allow your life to start revolving around the issue of falling pregnant - it just adds stress and stress is a very big factor when it comes to infertifily.

If you have fertility problems, there is absolutely no excuse not to see your gynea. It's like wanting to win the Lotto but not buying a ticket - no sense in that now is there ?

Reply to Lucia