Question
Posted by: Yo | 2003/12/24

Yasmin, endometriosis

Hi Doc,

I've been diagnosed with endometriosis. I've been in for a couple of DNC's, laparoscopies, hysteroscopy’s etc. I've been on all the medication that I can think of. I normally go in to hospital 2 - 3 times a year for operations.

I've been in to hospital in September and my gynae decided to put me on Yasmin. I've been on this for 3 months now, but up and till now the conditions/symptoms didn't change. The only thing that happened is that I've gained weight.

I've got terrible pain in my right side and sexual intercourse is extremely painful. I'm constantly bleeding and will stop bleeding for about 2 days, and then it's all back again.

I'm so desperate; I can't carry on like this. It is affecting my work, family life, relationships and studies.

I'm constantly tired and irritated.

Please advise accordingly.

The best treatment for endometriosis is either Danazol, Depo provera or Tridomose. Oral contraceptives are not a very good form of treatment unless the endometriosis is very mild. If you have not tried any of these options, perhaps you could discuss it with your gynaecologist.

1
Posted by: Yo | 2003/12/24

Hi Doc,

I've already been on Depro Provera and Synarel Nazal Spray, but I didn't get any results on these. Any other suggestions?

Reply to Yo