Question
Posted by: COMFORT HERSELF | 2007/05/17

YASMIN CONTRACEPTIVE PILLS AND OVULATION

I WENT TO A GYNE YESTERDAY WITH THE ABNORMAL BLEEDING PROBLEM, HE PRESCRIBED YASMIN FOR A PERIOD OF 3 MONTHS AND I AM DESPARETLY NEEDING A CHILD, BECAUSE HE SAYS THE PROBLEM IS THAT I AM NOT OVULATING.

I KNOW THEY R CONTRACEPTIVE PILLS BUT WHAT ELSE CAN MAKE ME OVULATE AND HAS ANYONE EVER USED THEM AND HOW WAS THE RESULTS.I SOMETIMES FEELS THAT THIS PILLS R STILL GOING TO DELAY ME IN GETTING PREGNANT CAUSE THEY R ALSO CONTRACEPTIVES.

PLEASE HELP

COMFORT.

You i are right that the pills will delay your falling pregnant. If you are not ovulating you need something to stimulate ovulation, like Clomid.

1
Posted by: Lizzy | 2007/05/17

I was on Yasmin and I found it more or less the same as any other contraceptive. It just regulates your cycle. I understand that you are desperate for a child and while you are on the pill you most probably will not fall pregnant for the three months that it was perscribed, but if you're not ovulating, your chances of ever conceiving's probably near impossible anyway. If i were you I'd stay on the pill for the perscribed time and go back for a check-up. If you're ovulating fine after 3 months you can try again. I fell pregnant soon after stopping the pill so don't worry, it will happen.

Reply to Lizzy