Question
Posted by: COMFORTHERSELF | 2007/06/26

YASMIN-CONFUSION

THE GYNE PUT ME ON YASMIN FOR 3 MONTHS AND I STARTED IT ON THE 16TH MAY AND IT WAS TO REGULATE MY CYCLE AND TO BOOST OVULATION.

I SAW MY PERIODS ON THE 9TH AND 10TH OF JUNE.

MY QUESTION IS IS THIS NORMAL,DO I HAVE TO SEE MY PERIODS OR NOT BEFORE THE PRESCRIBED 3 MONTHS PERIOD OR WHAT MUST HAPPEN.
I HAVE ALSO BEEN TAKING ANTIBIOTICS AND DOES IT HAVE ANY THING TO DO WITH MY CYCLE.

PLEASE HELP

You had a normal cycle and it would be normal to have a period when you did.
Antibiotics can interfere with the safety of the Pill in preventing pregnancy, but not with anything else.

1
Posted by: k | 2007/06/26

i was taking yasmin last year to regulate my cycles too. they were very irregular and worse than ever for the first 5 months of taking it. then it was great when my body got used to it. now i stopped in march and have had 1 normal period since and am about 50 days since my last priod. i think it has messed up my cycles even more than ever. your body is probably still trying to get used to it. some peope can take the pill easily with no side effects but i dont think it works for everyone. wait another month or so and see what happens

Reply to k