Question
Posted by: Yasmin | 2007/04/19

Yasmin and weight gain and headaches

My doctor prescribed yasmin for me because I have severe period pains about a year and half ago. Since I have been taking the pill I have gained so much weight, about 20kgs and I get terrible headaches. I am a healthy eater and I exercise but the weight is just not coming down at all. Could the pill be causing so much weight gain and the headaches? Please help I am desperate now.

The Pill could be causing headaches. It can cause slight weight gain, but not as much as 20kg.

2
Posted by: RT | 2007/04/19

Was on Yasmin for 2months and picked up 6kg. Have the mirina in now and just loving it.

Reply to RT
Posted by: YD | 2007/04/19

I had the exact same problems on Yasmin, and my periods were very painful, I also picked up alot of weight, I've been on Mercilon for 5 years and I can recommend it to anyone,,, It's a great pill, no headaches, no period pains.... Very light periods. Ask your dr about Mercilon...

Reply to YD