Question
Posted by: Lees | 2006/10/26

Yasmin

Dear Gynae doc,

Could you please explain to me what the difference between Yasmin and Melodene is as a pill.. I have been on Melodene for about 2years and now have been changed to Yasmin but am not too sure of the differences and if I should expect any changes in my body or mood with this change..

Thank you,
Lees

They contain different doses of hormone and slightly differnt types of hormone. You could have different side effects.

2
Posted by: Sue | 2006/10/26

Melodene messed up my hormones! I am VERY emotional and this almost lead to a divorce. I have all the side effects, moodiness, depression, wanting to throw up. All my friends suggests Yasmin (one is a nurse) so I will start on it at the start of my new cycle!

Reply to Sue
Posted by: CC | 2006/10/26

Hi I was also on Melodene and my gynae changed to me Yasmin. He said that I would find that I would lose weight on Yasmin. I have only been on it for 1 week so I have not really noticed anything yet.

Would like to see the answers you get.

Reply to CC