Question
Posted by: kitti | 2007/12/12

xray and Mypaid capsules in pregnancy

I just found out that I'm approx 6 weeks pregnant and in my 3 / 4th week I had a lumbar and rib xray and took 4 mypaid capsules (in total) over two days as I slipped and hurt my back. I am now very worried, please let me know whether I should be concerned and what I need to look out for. (I've also had two miscarriages previously).

Dear Kitti
The radiation for the lumbar and x/ray would be about 10 times less than the dose that would harm the baby ( 1.7mGY vs 10mGY), so I don't think you have to worry. The dosages of Mypaid would also not be a problem as you did not use it regularly.

1
Posted by: Nix | 2007/12/12

the mypaid shouldn't be a problem as you didn't use it for an extended period of time. but as far as the xray is concerned, i'm not sure. don't worry to much, congrats and i'm holding thumbs that all will be okay for you.

Reply to Nix