Question
Posted by: Spooky | 2008/05/23

Xenophobia & RSA

Dear CyberShrink and Readers,

Hard as I try, I can think of no reason whatsoever in order to warrant justification of the abhorrent cruelty with which our African outlanders are being persecuted and spurned. In spite of this, we must acknowledge that there are indeed existent factual reasons for it. Although the heinousness of the savagery may cloud possible constructive analyses in the minds of most, we simply owe it to our beloved South Africa to ensure pursuit and accurate identification of the cause - ASAP.

When leaders behave like bulls in a china shop, they establish an atmosphere of ‘free-for-all’ - even in terms of welcoming unsolicited foreign refuge. This is undeniably a formula for brouhaha rumpus.
Now, a monster has been born.
In the Townships, the backstreets of our concrete jungles and suburbs.
At first, I empathised with the sudden influx of our African brethren . . . . but then . . . the invasion never stopped! After all these years of ‘freedom’ I started waking up to find a country that wasn’t looking like South Africa anymore. When I began witnessing the arrogance of our guests, I started feeling really concerned for the first time. Then, when I observed the availability of new powerful narcotics (never seen in our land before) and the dealing of which started taking place so blatantly under our noses, I was saddened at the reality of a now permanently blemished and partly crippled society. I was overcome with feelings of hopelessness as I realised that the police had lost the battle against drug smuggling and crime. The entrapment of our youth, the abuse and hostage holding of our young girls as drug addicted sex slaves, the obliteration of families, etc. was now rife and in full swing. This trend was in fact rampant and all part & parcel of the untidy hotchpotch.
Of course the lid was going to blow off the pressure cooker - sooner or later.

Now it has.

Sadly, even an optimist like me knows that this is only the beginning of a long, ugly struggle that will spread the width and length of country.
The Police and Army will not change the will of the people – who better than us to know that. Our commanders and upper echelons are not fully aware of what’s going on at ground level. The problem lies not only with inadequate jobs, housing, etc.
The attitude of many African incomers is that they are entitled to everything here and that not only are they here to stay, but that they are here to take over. Does this surprise you? Well you’d better believe it - I have heard this from many of them with my own ears!
Naturally, there are the good ones and it is not fair on to generalise, but the bad ones have ruined it for all of them. I surmise that they may all be groomed with the same brush now.
Setting up refugee camps now will only treat the symptoms.

But hey, there’s not much point in slinging mud now that the shit has hit the fan.

What can we do for our country?
What can we do for humanity?
Can we still make a difference?
How can we help?
When will this end?

Firstly, of course, we must not paticipate in such violence and prejudice, and should seek ways to help the victims. ANd secondly, surely we should put clear pressure on this amazingly clumsy government, locked in denial, that has created this situation, by consistent lack of relevant policies, and lack of implementation of policies. If they had done even half of what they promised to do, there would be jobs, and water, and electricity, and a less carelss immigration policy, less crime, and proper policing, health care, and education. People are not likely to be patient forever, waiting for the arrival of what they sought

2
Posted by: ff | 2008/06/25

SA government saw this coming in the first place but did nothing about it when it was yet small...honestly I dont see the government to be affected by this issue,I think they are only pretend to be concerned because the worlds eye's are on them!

Reply to ff
Posted by: Shazz | 2008/05/23

"Personal transformation can and does have global effects.
As we go, so goes the world, for the world is us."

Marianne Williamson, Author

This months motivational comment from my O-Calendar - so true.

Reply to Shazz