Question
Posted by: Kay | 2005/07/14

XENICAL OR REDUCTIL - DOES IT WORK???

HAS ANYONE OUT THERE TRIED THE APPETITE SUPPRESANTS XENICAL OR REDUCTIL? DO THEY WORK? I KNOW THEY ARE VERY EXPENSIVE, SO WANT TO KNOW IF ITS WORTH TRYING. I HAVE ABOUT 40 KGS TO LOSE, SO AM DESPERATE.
THANKS

Dear Kay
Neither of these medications is an appetite suppressant as such. Xenical is a real fat-trapper which prevents uptake of dietary fat and thus reduces your energy intake. Reductil works on the serotonin system and helps with weight loss. At a recent Obesity Congress, excellent reports were given on both products. Seeing that you need to lose such a large amount of weight, I would suggest that you start with Xenical. You will need a dr's prescription for both medications, so chat to your gp or physician.

1
Posted by: Kate | 2005/07/15

Neither Xenical or Reductil are appetite surpresants. They both work in very different ways. Xenical is a true fat blocker and Reductil is totally different. I was on Reductil for 3 - 4 months and lost 8 kgs (I was never overweight, only needed to loose a few kgs). I paid almost R700 each month. Now I can't keep up the the way I used to eat and am slowly gaining some of the weight back. The best is to do it on your own with no help from any kind of tablets, because once you stop taking them you'll just pick up all the weight again.

Reply to Kate