Question
Posted by: Need Help! | 2008/06/03

Xenical

is it possible to take Xenical while breastfeeding? i.e. is is passed through breastmilk?

Dear Need Help
According to my copy of MIMS, Xenical is contra-indicated during breastfeeding. I would urge you to consult a clinical dietitian (visit the Association for Dietetics in SA Website at: www.adsa.org.za and click on "Find a Dietitian" to find a dietitian in your area), who will assist you with a slimming diet that is balanced so that you and your baby obtain all the nutrients you require, but still promotes weight loss. Exercise is one of the most potent aids to losing weight, so start taking baby for a brisk walk in the fresh air every day for at least 30 min.