Question
Posted by: wondering | 2007/07/27

Xenical

Hi doc, I have been reading all the postings on Xenical. Please advise the effect of Xenical when you follow a low fat diet. Does it break down the bodie's actual fat stores if you don't consume a lot of fat.

Dear Wondering
Xenical prevents your body from absorbing any fat that may occur in the diet and this fat then passes straight out of the body. Thus if you eat any fat, you will develop very loose stools that can lead to 'accidents'. This will help you to stick to a diet that is practically devoid of fat. By reducing your fat intake to more or less zero, you will also reduce your energy intake (for every gram of fat you don't eat, you 'save' 37 kJ) and it is the reduction in energy that promotes weight loss. If your energy intake is lowered, your body has to use up its fat stores.

2
Posted by: katryn | 2007/07/31

I am on Xenical, have loose stools but my weight stays the same. I have a very bad craving for sweetness like fudge which I cannot stop eating every day. What is the cause of that. I am on anti-depressants as I have had a lot of stress for the last 7 years. Had 2 breakdowns and landed in hospital. Im am on Rivotril Trepline and Cipralex and Alzam.
Please explain what is causing this.
Rina

Reply to katryn
Posted by: T | 2007/07/31

Didn't work for me, had loose stools etc. but weight remained the same. One month later and no loss.

Reply to T