Question
Posted by: Annie | 2007/02/19

Xenical

I am busy weaning my 2 year old and he is fine during the day but cry's for it at night before he falls a sleep - this is very upsetting for me. On the other hand i am extremely excited to start my Xenical would it be a problem if i start drinking it and still give him the night feed or should he be totally off.

Dear Annie
I always think it is better for a child not to receive breast milk when the mother is taking any medication, so my advice would be to wean him completely and then start your course of Xenical. At the age of 2 years, your lad can have a drink of boiled water or rooibos tea from a cup if he gets thirsty at night.
Hang in there you will soon be losing weight.