Question
Posted by: Cindy | 2005/07/27

Xencial and weight loss

I have heard about Xenical (120mg) from my friend who has been prescribed it by her GP for weight loss and would like to know if this product is safe with regards to certain medical conditions,

I have the following medical conditions: Mitral Valve Prolapse, IBS, HIatus Hernia, GERD, osteporosis, allergies (antibiotics and iodine) and am currently undergoing tests for kidney and bladder disorders.

Is is safe to use with chronic medications, ie Inderal, Alzam , Naxium, Zelnorm, etc.

Is it safe for use with herbal and vitamin supplements (Bioharmony Immune C, Vit B Co, etc.)

I eat minimally because of impaired swallowing due to the hernia.
But continue to gain weight rapidly.

Cindy, the kidney problems might be a contra-indication. That said, it sounds like there is something more serious the matter because you’re gaining weight in spite of eating very little and this seems to suggest that Xenical® is not the correct option for you. The best would be to first make sure there isn’t something serious underlying the matter. Good luck.