Posted by: HEILA | 2008/09/17

Kan u asseblief vir my sê  hoe gaan ' n mens af van Xanor XR 150mg nadat jy vir 4 maande 2 ' n dag gedrink het. Ek is nou op 1 per dag. Ek het al probeer oorslaan, maar kry hartkloppinge en bewerigheid en weet nou nie of dit daarvan is nie. Psigiater het nog twee maande voorgeskryf 1 per dag tot einde November. Ek is bang dis verslawend en wil probeer afgaan.

That would be a dangerously and remarkably high dose of Xanor, which comes in tablets from 0.5 mg to 2 mg. Maybe you meant 1.5 mg ? Then the reduction to 1 mg makes sense.
The psychiatrist who prescribes such a drug, should know the risks of dependency and should personally advise you as to a suitable regime for coming off it --- you should not do this on your own. Yes it can produce dependency problems There are MUCH much better treatments for anxiety disorder, including some drugs also used to treat depression, and CBT counselling- -- I have never prescribed Xanor in my life, and have never felt any need to do so. The symptoms you describe do suggest a degree of dependency alreay, and the need to plan a gradual reduction --- and it is the absolutel responsibility of your psychiatrist to arrange this with you --- go back onto the usual dose your body was used to, and arrange to see the psychiatrist and discuss this with him / her