Question
Posted by: ROY | 2005/12/12

XANOR

Could you please inform me of the withdrawal symptoms I may encounter when the use of Xanor is stopped.

Expert ImagePharmacist

Xanor (or its generics), one of the most commonly prescribed medications in the country, is a short-acting benzodiazepine - It however is more likely to cause severe withdrawal symptoms and addiction than some other benzodiazepines. Sudden withdrawal from such antianxiety agents can include irritability, nervousness, fear, anxiety, insomnia, agitation, disorientation, tremors, convulsions, diarrhea, abdominal cramps, vomiting and mental impairment. It is suggested Alprazolam should be withdrawn gradually if the individual is suspected of having become dependent, or the drug perhaps has been used in prolonged high doses.