Question
Posted by: sadness | 2005/06/14

written warning

Hi everyone, i need your advice on this one.

two weeks i went to my doc, and he gave me leave for a week, i phoned at work and inform them but when i came to work they said i did not inform them i'm so surprised why this could happen like this i think that may be i'm not wanted in that job.i'm thinking of leaving the job.

Dont go off in the huf. If your doctor suggestd you should take off a week on health grounds, he should have given you a medical certificate to that effect --- that'd be normal practice. Check with the person you phoned at work, as they may not have told others who needed to be told. And it would surely be routine practice for them to expect you to give them a proper medical certificate when you returned to work. Don't take unnecessary ofense, and don' think of walking away from a job when it's by no means easy to get jobs these days.

4
Posted by: Harry | 2005/06/15

Hi Sadness , know exactly how you are feeling.That is just Unfair practice and I would ask my direct line manager in a ver y nice way, how if at all possible does being off ill for a week warrant a warning letter, explain to him/her as to how you feel. Nobody can concentrate and focus on their work if they are made to feel unwelcome or like they are no longer wanted. It is definitely not on. If your line manager cannot sit and come to reason with you then you have grounds for taking this further.

Good Luck
P.S. Do not give up your job because of the way you are made to feel.Jobs are scarce and hard to come by nowadays.

Reply to Harry
Posted by: Paul | 2005/06/15

In that case Sadness, go to the CCMA and lodge a formal complaint - you got a very good case. CCMA is free.

Reply to Paul
Posted by: sadness | 2005/06/14

all these happens like this although i submitted a medical certificate. i think it's just a matter of not wanting me into that job or something else.

Reply to sadness
Posted by: Lola | 2005/06/14

Do you remember the person you informed? You need a doctors note from your doctor stating that he booked you off of work for that week, otherwise, yes, you can get into trouble.

Dont just leave your job because of a misunderstandign though, jobs being so scarce and all.

Reply to Lola