Question
Posted by: maffy | 2008/06/23

Wrist pains

I experience pains in my wrists and am thinking it's tendonitis but am not sure.I had a domestic accident earlier this year and a piece of glass cut right through my wirst(right-hand)&the pain on this side of my hand is more consistent compared to the other.Do I need to have a check up to know what part of my wrist got damaged?I feel pains even as I type now.Your help would really be appreicted.Thank you.

Expert ImageHealthy Bones

Dear Maffy
If this really bothersome, ask your GP to refer you to a neurologist who can do nerve conduction tests to determine whether there was any damage to the nerves. They can also check whether you may have Carpal Tunnel syndrome (the nerves going to the hand may be compressed).

1
Posted by: nillz | 2008/07/01

dear maffy,
i am 22 yrs old female and am suffering with pains in my wrist fingers and the bone on my thumb... my both hands r swelling and the veins have come up and are showing more than normal. i cant hold or pickup anything, because the pain is very bad. i have under active throids to... and my gp has told me that its inflamation.. im very worried about the pains im going through.. being very young and having pains like i have isnt a usual thing.. what advice can you give me... i would be very grateful.. thanks

Reply to nillz