Question
Posted by: Richie | 2003/12/10

Wrist pain

My wrist (right hand) aches when I put my hand down flat and my arm in a vertical position. Last week I even had a sharp pain when using a stapler. I cannot do a push-up. I had no injuries to my right hand. what could be the cause and whom (Which type of specialist) would I have to see in connection with this problem?

Richie, it’s difficult to say what the problem is without being able to examine your first, but the right person to see would be an orthopaedic surgeon. It might be due to inflammation of the wrist, so you can try a long-acting anti-inflammatory like Brexecam® in the meantime. Good luck.

1
Posted by: Luke | 2003/12/11

You may want to look up "carpal tunnel syndrome." for signs and symptoms. It is treatable. Go and see a doctor. (Im sure a casualty ward would be fine.)

Reply to Luke