Posted by: Richie | 2003/12/10

Wrist pain

My wrist (right hand) aches when I put my hand down flat and my arm in a vertical position. Last week I even had a sharp pain when using a stapler. I cannot do a push-up. I had no injuries to my right hand. what could be the cause and whom (Which type of specialist) would I have to see in connection with this problem?

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc

Richie, it’s difficult to say what the problem is without being able to examine your first, but the right person to see would be an orthopaedic surgeon. It might be due to inflammation of the wrist, so you can try a long-acting anti-inflammatory like Brexecam® in the meantime. Good luck.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: Luke | 2003/12/11

You may want to look up "carpal tunnel syndrome." for signs and symptoms. It is treatable. Go and see a doctor. (Im sure a casualty ward would be fine.)

Reply to Luke

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.