Posted by: Racoon | 2012/02/27

Wrist injury

Dear Doc

About 2 weeks ago I developed pain in my right wrist. It got a bit better, but then I fell up the stairs and ofcourse put my hand out, and now it is much much worse. The pain is over the ulnar area, and it is sore when I flex and extend the wrist, but very painful when I rotate my wrist. I can''t use my computer mouse. I applied a Transact patch about 18 h ago (replaced it this morning) but it is not helpful. I can''t take NSAIDS due to Von Willebrands. I guess it got worse because I can''t rest the wrist as I have 3 kids of which 1 is 18 months and another 3, so there''s a lot of picking up happening. Is this something which should go away after a while, or do I need to visit my GP?

many thanks.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc


I think that you should consult your GP for x-rays of your wrist. If you are unable to take NSAIDS, a wrist splint can be very helpful to stabilise the wrist and prevent further injury.


Dr Anrich

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.