Question
Posted by: Mel | 2005/07/26

wrist injury

Dear Doc, I am prof. athlete, fell on my hand and went 4 examination. Must operate and insert steel (bone broke away from hand) Biggest event coming up in Jan '06 - any temporary solution? It is left hand, use right hand to do events, but still need left hand to do pole vault - one of multiple events (Orthop. srgn says none he knows of) Have been working for this for long time to just give up now?

Expert ImageChiroDoc

I'm sorry - but there really are no "quick fixes" for this kind of injury. Supports etc may help - but you could seriously affect the total recovery and regret the momentary solution.