Posted by: kh | 2009/02/04

wrinkles etc.

Hi Doc, I am 66 years old. I use epi-max as a moisturiser and look fairly good for my age. I also use a sunscreen every day. I do not use any other products,but want to start now as i see fine lines on my chest area and around my eyes. What other facial products should i use? Is there a sunscreen for around the eyes?, as i find that my eyes burn with the normal sunscreen. Thankx.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi KH, thank you for the question.

We have found that the Heliocare SPF 50 Gel can be used around the eyes without causing any irritation. My advice would be to consider using a daily moisturizer that contains both alpha hydroxy acids (glycolic acid) and polyhydroxy acids (Lactobionic acid, Gluconolactone) as they help to exfoliate the outer dead layer of skin, increase hydration, and start to increase cell turnover. Furthermore, I would consider the use of anti-oxidants and vitamin A or its derivatives. All of the ingredients can be found in one form or another with NeoStrata, Nimue, Environ, etc.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.