Question
Posted by: Worried! | 2004/01/09

Would this craving be harmful to my unborn child?

I've been eating pickled -|- tail onions and gurkens (not sure of the spelling) non stop while pregnant. I'm now 16 weeks pregnant. I don't eat if every day, but if I do, I'll finish 2 bottles of pickled -|- tail onions in half an hour. These have always been my favourite, actually, ANYTHING that is sour and has vinegar in it.

Will this be harmful to my unborn child?

No this will not harm your child.

4
Posted by: Blaze | 2014/03/26

Im like 2weeks gone and craving pickled onions n pickled peppers! Will this harm my baby? Cuz I can't get anouth of it lol

Reply to Blaze
Posted by: www | 2004/01/12

Cravings for pickled things are very common during pregnancy and can do no harm to your baby. You might, however end up with a severe case of heartburn, which is more uncomfortable for you than anyone else, so it's a calculated risk.

Reply to www
Posted by: Belle | 2004/01/09

I have a pregnancy book that says that food cravings are fine just try to keep it in moderation.You only need to worry if you start to crave things like sand or tyres (yes I have heard that some people do crave this). I craved ice, I ate mountains of ice and icecream with no ill effects.

Reply to Belle
Posted by: Marlene | 2004/01/09

I need the answer to that 2, I'm 6weeks pregnant and are eating alot of lemons with salt. I also like salty foods and snacks instead of sweet things.

Reply to Marlene