Question
Posted by: Sandra | 2005/12/12

Would really like to know what you think...

Referring to no 11310, I would really like to hear some opinions on my situation

,,,,,

3
Posted by: Blue Eyes | 2005/12/12

I wish I had good advice... I have the same problem as you, and somehow learned to "live" with it. It is a cause for a lot of problems. I will do the phone thing and the reassuring, but then other areas in our marriage lacks. I have slowly become distant from my husband which adds more frustration, and I'm the one who has to keep coming up with new ways to make him happy.

Just this weekend he said to me he wished I was an only child so he didn't have to share me with anyone, that just upset me so much. If they don't wanna go for counseling, what do you do then.

My hubby went for 3 sessions and believes now he is cured, but the same behaviour just re-occurs.

Reply to Blue Eyes
Posted by: CP Mom | 2005/12/12

Answered on your first post.

Reply to CP Mom
Posted by: Frusty | 2005/12/12

Okay, my personal opinion is that you both need to communicate on how each of you is feeling and a compromise needs to be reached. I understand that he is insecure, but you are not the one that cheated on him. And he needs to know and understand that. You obviously knew about his insecurities when you met him, so a little bit of give and take on both sides is in order. By all means, phone him on a daily basis, but he also needs to understand that he is being a little bit excessive. Try that and see how it works.

Reply to Frusty