Question
Posted by: Marbles??? GONE???? | 2007/03/01

would like to know

Are there tell tale signs to let you know if you are crazy, lost your mind, lost some marbles, some disorder?? I have wondered a lot if I'm "all there"... I've lost my cool and wonder the next day... "am I crazy? Why do I react like it sometimes?" I have an ultra short temper and this doesn't help. I feel depressed quite often. I feel that people ar eout to get me also quite often.... Where do I start to try and find out? I've tried shrinks before, but I only go once or twice and then I stop. Never long enough to find out...

You sound all here, but, as I'm not there, I can't tell whether you're all there. As RMC suggests, people who are really going crazy generally don't think they are.
"I feel pretty" is a great song from West Side Story ( now on DVD ) ; and similar to "I Enjoy Being a Girl", from Flower Drum Song ( also on DVD ).
But seriously, what you seem to be describing isn't so much a major disorder, as discomfort in the way you are living at present, and something where counselling could be really helpful. But patience is needed. Even the best shrinks may need more than one or two sessions before you go off again

4

Thanks! RMC (and Doc, even though he can't see), I'll rent the movie. And I know people take me the wrong way, especially my sister... She will tell me a story about maybe someone at work giving her grief, and I'll get so worked up about it (in her defense) that she will tell me to stop shouting at her, even though I'm not shouting. There are so many things that I need to talk about. I feel angry with the world, and it is a problem. I trust no one, though this is not always a bad idea... Anyway, Thanks again.

Reply to Marbles??? GONE????
Posted by: RMC | 2007/03/01

No, I don't think it is a bad personality -- you sound like you care so there is something good there. Perhaps people take you the wrong way sometimes? And when you feel this way you normally are more irritable and defensive, which just turns into a vicious circle as then people dont want to be around you because you are irritable and defensive.

Go rent that movie, it has Adam Sandler and Jack Nicholson as the anger management therapist. If nothing you will at least get a good belly laugh out of it and feel a bit better?

Reply to RMC

I don't remember that movie. It might be "or what" or paranoia I don't know... I have often felt that people are out to get me, and yes, sometimes it has turned out that they were. I do fight with most people. Maybe I just have a bad personality. Maybe I just cannot get along with people.

Reply to Marbles??? GONE????
Posted by: RMC | 2007/03/01

I'm open to correction, but I would say that if you think you are going crazy - you are probably sane?

Perhaps try some anger management - remember the movie, "I feel pretty, so pretty...."

Why would you think people are out to get you - is it paranoia or what? Just some advice from some one who has been there -- if you fight with EVERYONE and not "most" or "some" - counselling might really help

Reply to RMC