Question
Posted by: Lola | 2004/10/13

WORRYING SITUATION

My period has been delayed for about two weeks, but how I know I'm not pregnant is that my girlfriend doesn't have a penis and I ain't been screwing around. Anyway, the terrible moods are there but no other symptoms. I am not terribly thin or on any medication. I do take multivitamins and Formula's. The only one time I skipped a period was a few months after I started menstruating at age 10. I am 26 years old, in fairly good health - apart from some abdominal cramps and constipation, now and then. I have never been to a gynaecologist. Should I wait it out?

Wait another week and if no period see a gynae for investigations.

3
Posted by: Lola | 2004/10/19

I'm in PE.

Reply to Lola
Posted by: Shmegal | 2004/10/13

Hi Lola

I agree with Shirls. Best to see a Gynae. Two weeks past due date is quite long although a missed period could stem from a wide range of causes and not just pregnancy (which you are obviously not). Rather not take a chance of 'just waiting it out'. You'll need to see a Gynae sometime so now is a good opportunity.

If you're in the C.T. area, I could recommend a brilliant female Gynae, if you are interested.

All the best.

Reply to Shmegal
Posted by: Shirls | 2004/10/13

Two weeks is a long time. Why don't you see your gynae so he can run some tests to see what is wrong and also give you some medication to bring on your period.

Reply to Shirls