Question
Posted by: liza | 2006/07/12

worried wife

Good day

My husband has been complaining about bleeding everytime he has a bowel movement. He says that he was a little constipated but it is now normal and there is still blood. Please let me have some advice as he is very worried and our GP is on leave until next week.

Many thanks
Liza

HI Liza
If it is clear red blood and only a spot or so when he wipes, you can use something like Anusol ointment until next week.
If it is more than 2 teaspoons of red blood at a time, and it drips into the bowl, he needs to see a doctor this week already.
If it is partially digested blood ( looks like black coffee grounds) or mixed with his stool, he also needs to see a doctor this week already.