Question
Posted by: M | 2008/02/01

Worried mother/Help

Pls help. My 3 & half year old son stay with my mom out of town. on tuesday they said he had a pimple on the side of the body under the arm which he complained was very painful. On thursday (2 days later) they squized it out, and a worm came out.

What could have been the cause of this and should i be worried? If this might help, He also has asthma, but the docters did not give him anything and it wa not severe, just the coughing every now and then.

Dear M

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

I advise that you take the worm to a doctor for analysis. You should apply Bactroban over the area to prevent secondary infection of the skin. Bactroban is available over the counter and can be used two to three times per day. You should also de-worm your son by giving him a de-worm tablet, also available at Pharmacies.

Kind regards