Posted by: O3 gas | 2008/07/28

Worried husband

Hi dok, my wife got this extreamly promising job. Well it comes down to this, she sells a machine making 03 " ozone"  gas, wish apparently heals everything including cancer. But I' am very worried about all the promises about this machine. It works like this, it is a kind of mat you place in your bath, this mat then acts like a bubble bath, producing O3 bubbles which is absorbed through the skin, and then brakes up as oxygen, which then kills off all the bacteria and harmful illnesses.. is there any scientific proof that this will actually work? Or is this just a gimmick? this is a small machine, how can it possibly take in air and make ozone gas?
Bear in mind that this machine only costs R12000.... Please advise..

Dear O3 gas
Ozone therapy is still very controversial - there are people that swear by it, and people that say that it is quackery. As far as I know it is not accepted by the FDA as treatment, but it is widely used in some European countries. There have been clinical trials that proved positive effects in e.g. retinitis pigmentosa. I think as in all treatments one must realize that there is no such thing as a miracle cure for all diseases, however, ozone can be used as supplementary treatment and do have positive effects in many cases. I would not advise my patients to use ONLY ozone, but would not mind at all if they want to try it additional to "normal" treatment.
Read as well as the comments on this article to get a full picture ( which is still not very clear!)
Hope this helps