Question
Posted by: CameronV | 2007/03/27

Worried about recurring topical lump

Hi GynaeDoc

For the last 6 months I’ve had terrible infections on top of my vagina, not inside. It started off as very bad in-grown hairs in my groin, which, after much trouble my sister got out (she is a skin-care therapist), but since then, I have recurring infections, which start off as a very soft little lump, and soon enlarges into a large soft puss-filled lump which is terribly painful if I take too long to squeeze it (I use a lancet first). Once I do squeeze it, the inflammation goes down and dries up for about 2 weeks before starting all over again. Should I be seeing a normal doctor, a gynae or a dermatologist for this? I can’t even shave down there anymore. I’m not sexually active, but still wonder if I could have picked up an STI somehow? And, are there antibiotic creams I could maybe use?

It sounds like recurrent ingrown hairs. You can see your GP about this.

1
Posted by: a | 2007/03/27

why don't you call a gynea office and talk to them first, there should be a nurse that can help. if not she / he will advise you to make an appointment.

Reply to a