Question
Posted by: Rob | 2007/07/26

Worried about my skin on Private Parts

Hallo Doc. I just want to know about a strange kind of "Goose-Bump" - Enlargement on my Private parts. The skin of my Scrotom has always been like oversised Goose-bumps in a Yellowish colour. The past few Weeks about four of them started to get larger. The biggest one is now about 5mm in diameter. I am married and has only sex with my wife. Should I be conserned and see someone, and if I should. who should I see? Thanks - Rob

Dear Rob

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

You do not have to be concerned, as it sounds like if you have a mild case of folliculitis (infection of pubic hairs) of the scrotum. I recommend that you use Bactroban ointment for a period of seven days. The goose bumps is a normal feature of the scrotum.

If your condition persists after seven days and you are still concerned, you should consult a GP, in order for him/her to examine the area.

Kind regards