Question
Posted by: JESSICA M | 2006/07/24

WORRIED ABOUT MY DAUGHTER

My daughter is 15 years old and in grade 10. when she is with her friends or relatives of her age, she becomes over excited, and do things that makes others think and even say that she is not mentally stable. She likes attention, she can do what ever it takes to grab attention, I mean fullish things. I am worried about her because her friend at school always tell her there is something mentally wrong with her.

Do you think she needs some sort of medication to make her calm and in control all the time?

Or does she lack some sort of vitamin?

I don't know what to do please advice.

Thanx

I dont think it's a lack of vitamines. Ideally, take her to see a child psychologist for assessment and advice. But you seem to be saing that she acts daft when with people of her own age, so this is a form of showing off and attention-seeking. Ask her friends and relatives to join you in a plan to stop this. When she starts acting daft, people should give her less and less attention, and when she calms down and acts more normally, she should be rewarded with more attention.

4
Posted by: JESSICA M | 2006/07/25

THANX TO ALL WHO RESPONDED TO THIS POST.
I DECIDED TO TAKE TO CHILD PSYCHOLOGIST.

Reply to JESSICA M
Posted by: ...... | 2006/07/24

still to your own problems. i dont think you are in any position to be giving advice. CS is right in his advice.

Reply to ......
Posted by: Connie | 2006/07/24

I think a good assessment would help you to put your mind at rest. I think a lot depends on the foolish things she does: if they are dangerous or risky it would be very important to stop them. If she is seeking attention she needs some help to do this is a way that is good for her, not leading to her friends looking at her strangely.

I suggest seeing a psychologist with her.

Reply to Connie
Posted by: Riana | 2006/07/24

I doubt you need to worry about it.

Be glad you have such a child that loves people and be around people!

iF IT WAS FOR NEGATIVE ATTETNTION YOU HAD TO WORRY, BUT I DOUBT IT!

Reply to Riana