Question
Posted by: Anony | 2004/10/13

Worried about money

i worry about money constantly. I study parttime but due to circumstances have not paid this for 2 months so now owe them about R900. I owe the edgars people almost R4000 and it at the point where i hate moeny. I made a budget but due to the circumstances that have now arised i cannot stick to this budget.

I earn 3200 a month but still need to pay for food and petrol and gas for myself and my husband (he pays the rent) and i just feel like im drowning!!

please help me

Expert ImageArchive

Dear Anony

When putting a budget together one needs a lot of discipline to life to your budget. My suggestion is that you and your husband discuss the budget together and decides on the way forward. Discipline is the key word.

1
Posted by: Been there | 2004/10/13

Listern. I am living in the Uk as I was not earning enough at home to pay all my debts. I had all the clothing accounts you can think of and a credit card. It took me ages to pay it off. No I am debt free and feel like a huge cloud has been lifted.

You main concern is to let Edgars know that you are unable to make the required monthly instalements and ask for a payment plan.
You should not have bought clothing with money you do not have. I found that I would buy myself clothes to feel better aboutmy debt. Clothing is not imortant. You should speak to the college and explain whats happening and ask then too for a payment plan. You should also think about getting a part time bar job. I wouldnt get depressed about it though. DO something about it before it gets worse.

Reply to Been there