Question
Posted by: Kay | 2007/03/19

Worried about moms Breast and scar! HELP

My mom had 2 children by C Section and then had a hystorectomy. I saw this weekend that there is this big ugly reddish purple "bruise" on her scar that is about the size of a R5 coin and then tapers down and follows the scar. It looks almost bloody. She thinks the dog stood on her there but i cant believe a small dog standing on you could leave soemthing like this. I then noticed on her left breast that she has what looks like all the capillary veins have some just under the surface of the skin all the way from under her arm and up over her breast. They are a deep pink colour. She said that it must be her bra but i almost had a fit. She doesnt want to go to the doctor. We have history of cancer in our family - my great gran had breast cancer and my grandfather had protrate cancer. My mom has had cysts taken out of her breasts in the past. What is this bruise thing on her scar and what could possibly cause her breat to go like this. Must i insist she gets to a doctor ASAP????

You should insist that she sees a doctor. I cannot tell what these are without seeing them.