Posted by: maite | 2009/09/15

worried about mom

my mom is on pension since august 09,she is not enjoying it cause of her greedy,abusive husband which is my father.she has joined a policy (old mutual)they were debiting from her account now the' ve paid/deposited the money to my fathers account,now he want to withdrew the money without my mom approval,and now he is angry with my mom, my mom tell him that he must wait for her so that they all go to town to withdrew that money because its hers,he told my mother that the money belongs to him .my mom told us that he(husband) is the beneficiary we ask my mother to go and change him as benefiacy and include her last born child,we are so worried about all these things,or should she drew a will, does that mean he is still entitled to my mom money ,he resigned 3 years back ,cause he refuse to take care of us and he cancelled all his policies reason being he does not have a son who will enherit his things(5 girls),now he want my mothers money ,and she works very hard for them i think she must enjoy them without being stressed by us or my father,i want what best for my mother,please help us

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberShrink

Sorry, but I don't undersdtand these details at all. She should have her pension deposited in a new bank account whih can be operated and used only by herself. Now the policy --- was this for her benefit when taken out years ago, and now due to pay out ? Or is it a new policy ? Why is is supposed to benefit ? If her, it should be paid only to her, and if he has somehow taken control of it, see a lawyer and make him give it back. He must be told that if he withdraws ANYTHING from her account, of her money, without her consent, it will be theft and she will call the police and lay charges against him. If the policy is hers, she has the right to change the beneficiary, and changing it to one of her children rather than a greedy husband may be a good idea. She should have her will discussed with a lawyer, and changed to ensure it reflects her wishes. UNLESS she leaves a clear and properly drawn up will, he may automatically inherit much of her money, but he is not ENTITLED to any of it, and she can leave it to whoever she pleases ( but she should check with a lawyer to ensure this ). If he is so primitive as to insist that he would only leave any of his money to a son, and not to daughters, he is propfoundly sexist, and deserves no consideration from wife or daughters. He should look after himself, and let the women do what they wish

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.