Question
Posted by: pieter | 2004/01/12

worried about liver

hi doc. i dont know if im imagining things but lately i have been thinking that my face is yellowish, not sure?? everyone tells me that its not, but i still wonder. my eyes arent really yellow and i dont have any pains. i was just wandering if something could be wrong with me like jaundice perhaps? maybe im a bit paranoid. what are the symptoms of jaundice and which tests are available to make sure.

Thanx

Pieter, the symptoms all depend on the cause of the jaundice as jaundice is more a symptom than a disease. The best would be to have your urine tested (the pharmacist will be able to do it for you) and find out if there is an increase in billirubin in the urine. If there is, you will have to see your doctor. The other option would be to see your GP and have it sorted out once and for all. Good luck.