Posted by: Worried | 2009/07/27

Worried about HIV infection

I am a woman, 24hr ago i had sex with my partner and the condom sliped off his penis. We' ve been going out for 2 months so i dont know his history. He' s never been tested for HIV in his life and the thought of testing to him is scary. I am worried that if he' s HIV positive i might be infected. Is there anything i can do at this stage?

Worried sick

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageSexologist

Contraction of the HIV virus is dependent on a number of factors such as: duration of unprotected contact; access to the bloodstream; & sufficient quantities of infected fluids shared. thus, if he ejaculated in you it may be a significant risk factor in having contracted HIV.

the best way to be sure if you have contracted HIV is to go for a blood test.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: Anon!! | 2009/07/29

Get tested and keep AWAY from unknown dicks....

Reply to Anon!!
Posted by: tp | 2009/07/28

go to a dr immediately &  get ARVs

Reply to tp

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.