Question
Posted by: mom | 2003/03/19

worried about daughter

Please tell me what i should do, I have a daughter who was alway performing well in her exams. now she say she is not coping and she is studying very hard, but do not get better points, what should i do as a mom and what should she do as a student

Mom, find out more about the problem. Discuss it with your daughter's teachers, for a start. Maybe she is having problems, and they can help to identify what these are and how to deal with them. Maybe she's being too demanding of herself, and undervalueing the quality of her work.
And talk more to your daughter about everything that's going on in her life round now. Is she getting depressed about something ? are problems arising at school like bitchy friends or bullying ? has there ben a change of teacher, either losing a favourite teacher, or gaining an unpleasant one ?

3
Posted by: carolb | 2003/03/22

do yourself a favour in the name of all hard working selfless women in the world

be good to yourself and dont regret it

I have had the most ungratefulness in my life from my kids along with the good times

my ex treats me like a dog even though I am in another country to them

bringing them to holland meant nothing to him at all never mind the money
all he does is cry for more Be good to yourself also

Dont forget yourself Dont lose yourself like me in the rush of trying to be good to your family and others

Reply to carolb
Posted by: Certina | 2003/03/21

My daughter seems to have the same problem, I honestly put the ball in the teachers court they
simply do not have the patience of the past teachers and do not stop to explain properly every
thing is rush rush this is why so many more students are going to private lessons which have to be paid for i have to ask myself why? are the teachers even their if we have to resort to additional lessons for subjects the children should be learning at school!!! lack of teacher dedication and commitment pays a huge role in the current drop in students grades.

Reply to Certina
Posted by: Zeena | 2003/03/20

I hate to even suggest this, but after reading an article in the April Fairlady, I have to. Are you sure she's not on drugs? If you can, get hold of that issue. The article is disturbing, because it points out how unaware parents are of this problem.

Reply to Zeena