Our expert says:
Elise, this is from an article I wrote a while ago. You can mail me at email@example.com if you want me to send you the rest of it.
The following symptoms are associated with Diabetes mellitus.
1. Sudden weight loss.
2. Frequent passing of urine, i.e. you have to get up more than twice during the night to urinate.
3. Always thirsty, i.e. drinking more than 3 litres a day.
4. Chronic tiredness.
5. Chronic infections. Boils that a take long time to heal and recurrent vaginal infections are typical of untreated DM.
6. Blurring of vision that comes and goes.
7. Sometimes abdominal pain is the only symptom.
The best would be to fast for 12 hours (you’re only allowed to drink water) and have your sugar level tested at a clinic or pharmacy. If it is more than 6.1mmol/l you will have to see your doctor as you might have diabetes. Good luck.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal
advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.