Question
Posted by: ANON | 2008/08/06

WORRIED

Hi doc im married for 4 years and trying to have a baby recently i went to a gynae he did an internal scan and said im not ovulating and did some blood tests and everything was okay was suposed to go on fertility drugs but i found out i may have tb waiting for test results just want to know if i do have tb and after treatment can i try for a baby will i be able to,the doc said it may not be active tb.

Dear Anon

The presence of TB whether active or dormant may in some way or the other affect the lining of the womb and I therefore would recommend that after treatment some form of endometrial biopsy be done to assess the situation.

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim