Question
Posted by: RALL | 2008/01/25

Worried

My Dad is in his late 50's. I have noticed recently that his hair and the hair on the back of his neck is always wet. He is not overweight, but at the same time he does not exercise.He will perspire in a room that is not warm at all and also when he hasn't done anything very physical.

Please advise the cause of this.

Dear Rall

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

I recommend that your father consults a GP, in order to have a few tests done, i.e. thyroid level, blood glucose level etc, to determine if there is any pathological reason for his sweating. Usually we do not find the reason and it is possible that you have nothing to worry about.

Kind regards