Question
Posted by: cola | 2008/01/19

worried

good day just need some advice, i'm 31 weigh 70 and 1.72m tall...but i don't like my weight i have started gym and just need to know what to do to loose a few kilos on my thighs because that's where i mostly gain weight

Dear Cola
Your present BMI = 23,6 which is within the normal range, so you do not need to lose more than 5 kg which would give you an ideal BMI of 22. To lose weight you need to basically change your lifestyle. Reduce your energy intake by eating an energy-reduced, low-fat, high-fibre diet (click on 'Diet' at the top of this page, 'Weight loss', ‘Balanced diet' and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of such a diet), and combine it with your exercise. To lose weight in specific areas like the thighs it may help to ask your gym instructor for a special programme of exercises that target the thighs. There are certain products that also help for cellulite. You can contact Lilian Terry International at (021) 361-2606 and ask about their Cellulito Aromeopathic Complexes.

2
Posted by: Diet blues | 2008/01/22

Im 32yrs old and weigh 60kg, im 1.6m tall. I used to weigh 48kg about a year ago,after relocating i gained a lot of weight.Ive tried dieting by starving,by eating only fruits and vegetables but little has come of it.I feel fat and unhappy.I feel as though the recommended change of lifestyle is good but it just takes for ever to see the results and im really desperate. I drink 2Iitres of water daily and try to eat healthy.I remove all visible fat on meat and generally eat fruit and veges. I need to fit into my old clothes again.Is there a healthy diet that can help me loose this excess weight quickly! Please help!

Reply to Diet blues
Posted by: cola | 2008/01/21

thank you very much..and i forgot to mention that i have started the slimming diet already.thank you

Reply to cola