Question
Posted by: S | 2004/11/17

Worried

I would like to start Yoga but i'm worried that with all the strethcing and then suddenly lowering your legs and stuff, i'll fanny fart. This is really embarressing. Is there any way to prevent this?

Expert ImageYoga

Hi S - I agree with Nuffing, rectal and "fanny" farts are not at all unusual in the practice of yoga and part of the learning/development is the muscles that control these. Don't worry about it - and be aware that it’s likely to happen - to most people...
Chris

1
Posted by: Nuffing | 2004/11/17

This does happen... especially if you have had children (and large one like I have), but you can learn to control it and prevent it with slow and steady movements...
If anything yoga will help you to tone those areas so it doesn't happen, or to identify the muscles to be able to control the air flow through the area ;)

Reply to Nuffing