Question
Posted by: amanda | 2004/10/27

worried

Dear Doc

When I found out that I was pregnant with my second child I found out that my thyrone gland is underactive and was put on Eltroxin 0.01 mg 2x a day. After she was born my menstruation stayed away for at least 4 months, then when it came back it was so irregular that I would menstruate 6 times in one month, sometimes even more.

I went on tryphasil after her birth and stayed on that until about 4 months ago, then the dr discovered that my blood preasure is high so I was put on Myprodol, now for the last month I have not been using anything to see if my menstruation will come alright but still for this month I menstruated 5 times.

And the other thing Doc is that I am not losing any weight, I am picking up weight for no reason, and it is really getting to a point now that I am overweight by 20kg. I tried diets but no success, I am picking up even more when I am on a diet.

Please can you give me some advice on what can be wrong.

It sounds like you may not be ovulating and could have PCOS. You can read more about this is the archives.
Your doctor can check this with either a scan or hormone levels.