Question
Posted by: Niri | 2003/12/09

Worried

Hi Doc,

Please can you help me.
I am abit worried because I didn't get my period as yet, it is 3days late and I have begin having irregular period but this time I'm worried. I do want to have a baby but I'm scared that if I do a pregnancy test it would be negative.
I am feeling tired all the time, but I also have symptoms that I am getting my period, stomach pain and my breast are sore as well.
Do you think that I should do a home test or leave it until a week or so.

If you have irregular periods, this may just be another irregular period. Why don't you wiat a few days and see what happens.

1
Posted by: www | 2003/12/09

If you normally have an irregular period and you are now 3 days late, it's probably not yet an issue of so much concern yet. I would wait another week or so before trying to do a test.

However, if you have had unprotected sex 2-3 weeks ago there is a strong possibility that you could be pregnant. Either way, it would be best to do a test a week or more after missing the first day of your period.

Reply to www