Question
Posted by: Mia | 2008/01/12

worried - 14 weeks

Dear Doc.
I am 14 weeks pregnant
I am at the stage of pregnancy where i do not feel sick (or pregnant for that matter!) but i also do not yet feel any movement from the baby (which i know is normal). My question is. If something were to happen to the fetus (die for some reason inside the womb), would i feel it? Will i start to bleed? Or will i only find out with my next ultrasound that the fetus has died? I worry every day as i battled to get prenant and would like to know if there is an indication if the fetus is no longer alive inside me.

Thanks for your help

It is normal to worry about this. It is possible for the fetus to die without there being any signs, but there is a much higher chance that all will be well.