Question
Posted by: kath | 2008/07/14

Worms?

Dear Doc
I have taken three doses of Deworming and still have a itchy bottom esp at night. It even wakes me up. All the years I have practised very good hygiene and am quite alert on pets, fruit etc in terms of contracting worms. I used to regularly deworm my family and have never in my life taken three doses with a week or two in betweeen. What do you think is happening here.

Many thanks

Hi Kath
You may not have worms but an eczema - look with a mirror - if it is red and scaly around the anus - try using Fissan baby paste, and wash with babyshampoo after going to the toilet, pat dry. Avoid wiping. Avoid irritating strong foods and too much caffeiene.