Question
Posted by: Concerned | 2007/04/10

Worms

I have a 5 month old male kitten, who has been for his two deworming vaccinations already. A few days ago I have noticed tiny off-white worms exiting from his behind while he was asleep. I have found nothing of the sorts in his litter box though. This morning I also noticed his left eye tearing continuously, and I'm not sure if it's related to the worm problem. Please advise me of what to do.

The "worms" are segments of the tape worm Dypillidium that has a life cycle of about 3 weeks. It uses the flea as an intern\medicate host and so one needs to treat for fleas and also worms every three weeks till they are under control.