Question
Posted by: Nats | 2005/12/05

worms

My son is going to be 3 in Feb. He eats us out of house and home. He eats like 6 times a day. I am worried that he might have worms, because he is just getting thinner and thinner by the day. he eats so much, but just does not put on any weight.

Could this be due to worms, and how would I treat it. He is a very energetic little boy, and does not sit still for 5 minutes except when he is sleeping.

Please help.

Dear Nats,
Yip, it could be worms - there is no way you can safeguard a 3 year old from them! Ask your Chemist to give you some medication for worms - it goes in the one end and out the other, so you won't be able to overdose him. If he does not improve after that, just take him for a check-up to a paediatrician. It might also be that he uses up all his energy! Ensure that he eats a well balanced diet with enough protein and complex carbohydrates, like oats, mealie meal, brown bread etc.

1
Posted by: ~Wings~ | 2005/12/05

The fact that he's eating and eating and not gaining weight is a concern!!
De worming him, even if he doesn't have worms won't do any harm!
Go to your local pharmacy, get him Vermox or the equivilent thereof, and let him down the little container (one portion per container)
That should sort him out chop chop.

~Wings~

Reply to ~Wings~